Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Get in Shape // Staying Stylish and Having Fun!

 
    Wether it is the lack of time, location or ANYTHING we all have made excuses why not to work out at some point in our lives. The fact of the matter is that exercise not only helps muscles, but it tones you skin, makes you think faster and gives you endorphins (which make you happy, haha thank you lululemon). As much as the gym can be a dreaded place, I'm here with a collection of tips and tricks that will help you look your best while enjoy your workout.

    First off.... HAIR! It's always in the way and it's almost impossible to vary in style if you are just trying to get it out of your face. Since having your hair down and flying everywhere is not an option, these are a few of my favorite ways to spruce up a boring old ponytail or bun.



        


   Though some of these might look tricky, all you really need to know is how to French or Dutch braid! These hairstyles are sure to get a huge amount of compliments and second glances.

    Now moving on to what really gets noticed.... Clothes. For most people, gym clothes are just a t-shirt and running shorts, whatever can afford to get sweaty. Normally these shirts are heavy and unbreathable, making the heat hardly bearable. If you want something that will feel lighter and let in more air, tank-tops are the way to go! Find some tanks with lower cut sides, or fun, strappy backs. These features make your shirt stand out from the crowd at the same time as making you more comfortable. If you aren't comfortable with too much skin showing, another fun option is to go bold with colors or prints. Something bright will be more likely to make you feel fresh. Fun sports bras are also a great way to spruce up and outfit.

These are some of my favorite looks from Anthropologie's new collection.






    One of the biggest points I have to make for this is that shoes are everything. I was given a beautiful pair of sneakers for Christmas and I have barely taken them off! They are so stylish that I wear them out on the town. Mine are Adidas and one of my closest friends has a pair of gorgeous New Balances, we both are so obsessed. And let me tell you, if you have exercise shoes that you can wear outside the gym, you have hit the jackpot! This means that they are versatile enough to be useful and stylish, and that's ultimate goal isn't it? ;) 


     Well, I hope you take something valuable from this, I've actually been working on this post to motivate myself to get up off my lazy bum so I promise you, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. If you have any tips or tricks to have fun or stay stylish at the gym, please let me know in the comments below :) Thank you for stopping by!

xoxo,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to share your thoughts on my blog! Please make sure that whatever you want to say is respectful and constructive.
U.