Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

We Made Sushi!

Home made sushi
    Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that sushi might be my only constant obsession. I have no recollection of me ever disliking sushi, even when I was very young. :) So, a few days ago, I got to cross something off of my bucket list. I made my very own sushi! It was so much fun, but extremely hard to do in the beginning. The nori kept ripping, but after a couple rolls, I got the hang of it. 
   
    My rolls had shrimp (cooked of course), avocado, matchstick-sliced cucumber (not easy. At all), and a tuna-lemonnaise mixture (best thing I have ever had in sushi). 

    I am friends with our local super market sushi chef and he taught me how to home-make that tuna creamy thing that is always so good. Just in case you wanted to try it, I included the recipe down below. 




Nési's Tuna-Cream Sushi Filling Recipe
1 can of tuna
2 1/2 Tbs lemonnaise (healthy alternative for mayonnaise)
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp sugar

1. Strain canned tuna until dry
2. Mix tuna with lemonnaise until the tuna is evenly creamy
3. In a separate bowl, mix vinegar and sugar until the sugar dissolves
4. Stir vinegar and sugar into the tuna mixture until smooth
5. Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to share your thoughts on my blog! Please make sure that whatever you want to say is respectful and constructive.
U.