Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

The Hundred Foot Journey

Poster The Hundred Foot Journey
    My mother invited me to see this movie along with my dad at our local theater the other day and I absolutely loved it! Helen Mirren is such a fantastic actress and I think that she was perfect for the role of Madame Mallory. Her entire demeanor brought so much to the movie. I also couldn't resist the Indian family that the story centers around. Their dad was just too cute! And the kids made their life more realistic and human. I had never heard of Manish Dayal before and I could not believe how much I loved him. Apart from being super handsome, he made a great Hassan, an underestimated (but ambitious) self-taught cook. 


   I loved how this story had a simple plot and domestic conflicts but complicated emotions surrounding it all. Through this, we are once again reassured that it is best to follow your dreams at any expense with the hopes that you will be happy overall. However, you will not always find happiness in the expected places. Hassan makes it to the highest he could go in professional French cuisine thanks to his natural ability to mix cultures through food ingredients. While in that top position, he realized that it took a lot more than fame and fortune to feel the beauty and satisfaction he got from the life he left behind him. This movie if full of color and great photographic scenery, you can almost smell the aromas coming from the kitchens.  This feature is definitely on my top ten movies list and I could watch it again and again. I like this kind of feel-good stories and The Hundred Foot Journey is my favorite so far. I hope you enjoy it too. Salút!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to share your thoughts on my blog! Please make sure that whatever you want to say is respectful and constructive.
U.