Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

I'm Home!!


    After a gruelingly packed two-week trip of Northeast area colleges,  I am exhausted and completely prepared to take my much-deserved vacation in the Florida Keys. Don't get me wrong, the college visits were great, but there's something about it that somehow induces a lot of stress ;). The pressure is definitely on after seeing the rigor and high levels of dedication at these schools. I could go on and on about my favorites and not-so-favorites, but I'll save that for more in-depth reviews. And since I don't have all night, here is my first college adventure in a nutshell:

Boston:
Brandeis University~ an American private research university in Waltham, Massachusetts, 9 miles west of Boston.
Boston College~ a private Jesuit Catholic research university located in the village of Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, United States, 6 miles west of downtown Boston.
Boston University~ a private research university located in the heart of Boston.
Harvard University~ a private Ivy League research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Providence:
Brown University~ a private, Ivy League research university in Providence, Rhode Island.

Poughkeepsie:
Vassar College~ a private, coeducational, liberal arts undergraduate college in the town of Poughkeepsie, New York.

New York City:
New York University~ a private, nonsectarian American research university based in New York City.
Columbia University~ a private Ivy League research university in Upper Manhattan, New York City.
Barnard University~ a private women's liberal arts college in New York City, New York.

    So all in all, it was 9 schools in 3 cities, with an info session and campus tour for each. All in 13 days! By no means is this it, though, you can see that there's a definite mix of small and large schools. I'm sure there's a couple that you recognize, there might be a few that you don't. That was the point of this trip, to broaden my knowledge of different types of schools and to help me understand what I should look for. There are so many things to think about, campus, curriculum, extracurriculars and CITY! You have to deeply consider all of these and the sensation I get is quite similar to trying to choose just one flavor of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. None of these was a complete win or loss, lord knows I have a long way to go! Thank goodness I don't have to decide anytime soon. Well, that's it for today, I'm looking forward to diving into the details in future posts. :) Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to share your thoughts on my blog! Please make sure that whatever you want to say is respectful and constructive.
U.