Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

24 Hours in New York City // Style Watch No. 1

 
    New York City has been a haven for the most stylish and fashionably apt people in the country, not to mention the world. It is a well known bustling center for commerce and shopping. People from all over flock to NYC for different experiences, from climbing to the top of the Statue of Liberty to eating a Cronut for the first time. This town has been featured in books, movies and songs. The title, "Capital of the World", is well deserved, because it seems like people just cannot get enough of it.  I'm biting into the the Big Apple to see what exactly makes it so delightful and what part of it would have me enchanted the most.


Sharp Taylor
©instyle

    Even though my time in the city has never been long enough, I have witnessed incredible looks. I enjoy  reading articles about different fashion icons that roam the streets. :) For example, although I'm not a rampant Taylor Swift fan (a new resident of New York City), I must admit that her street style goes unmatched. This errand run outfit is one of my favorites. I love how she has put together an ensemble that perfectly represents the classic English fox hunting gear. Just beautiful. ♥︎


Darling Olivia
©aplacetogetlost

    Today, I wanted to pay homage to one of my favorite American socialites, Olivia Palermo. Her street style is impeccable and she is admired by many fashion enthusiasts around the world. Though I probably couldn't pull off some of her riskier ensembles, most of her outfits are a great stepping off point to a guaranteed-to-be-successful day out on the town. These collages down below are inspired by two of her many noteworthy get-ups.





















Cronuts: What they are and why everyone is dying to have one......(and psst! where you can get one)

©gohomeandaway

A cutting-edge pastry is in town, one that has taken the United States by storm. Cronuts are all the rage and their newfound fame has meant a huge boom in business for French innovator and baker, Chef Dominique Ansel. A Cronut™ is a unique cross between a croissant and a donut that has left all other wannabe pastries in the dust. The Cronut™ brand and product  is a registered trademark of Dominique Ansel Bakery (©dominiqueansel.com). Deemed the "Willy Wonka of NYC", Chef Ansel has won several prestigious awards in the culinary world, including 3 Michelin stars.

   Many celebrities have promoted this baked treat by making their first Cronut experience a must. Apparently it is worth the wait and worth making a fuss over, it's that good! Wether or not I will take the time and money to travel to New York City to specifically get a Cronut is not probable, but it's possible. :) For more information on this new NYC trademark, click here to get a full education on how to get your hands on one.   


Brands Galore!
©3.bp


    Shopping wise, 5th Avenue is a bucket list destination for anyone who has ever wanted to shop in New York City. Need a guide? Hop over to New York Magazine's article on shopping in the city
  
    This about sums up what I like most about NYC and what I would do if I was given just one day. While I wouldn't need to go to every famous landmark, I must say that I am a sucker for some of the cliché hotspots. However, I would rather look for an experience that is more off the beaten path. 

    What are your favorite things about New York City? Have you had your eye on any fashionistas? Or have you ever had a first hand experience with a Cronut? I'd love to hear your New York stories. Feel free to tell me in the comments.


Blue Eyes
 Frank Sinatra paying tribute to the city that never sleeps. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to share your thoughts on my blog! Please make sure that whatever you want to say is respectful and constructive.
U.