Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

2014 Christmas Special: Winter Favorites

   It's about that time of year again and I can't even begin to express how happy I am to be on vacation and at home! 
   Here I thought I would share with you a collection of the things I love most about the winter season and most of all, Christmas!

For those days that I sleep in and just want to stay warm and comfy on my couch, I do everything from paint my nails to brew a one of a kind tea or hot cocoa. :)


While trying to kill time, I find myself redoing my nails even when they were probably fine to begin with. Anyway, one of my favorite fall/winter trends this year included the deep, almost black, oxblood nail polish. It is such a sophisticated and dreamy color, and a bonus is that it goes with almost anything!
<---I found this great bottle at Urban Outfitters
Blegh, if I had to pick my least favorite thing about cold weather, it would definitely be chapped lips. But EOS has the perfect remedy for the pain that comes with dryness.... a lip balm that stops the chap before it even starts! I love the sweet mint-->
the best because it leaves such a fresh feel and best of all, it smells like Christmas! ❄︎
Warm tea in a cozy mug...This is one of the things I do like about cold weather. My favorite tea comes from Teavana because of how fresh the tea is and simply how fun it is to make it! Another bonus to drinking tea is all of the options for mugs. Some of them are so cute and I think The Freckled Fox did the best job of putting together a collection. Check it out at "from one hot drink lover to another."
The tough thing about living in a place where it's warm most of the year is that I miss out on the use of ridiculously fuzzy blankets! I have about three, and I love them so much that I practically wear them as sweaters. :) 





   


 This holiday season, I encourage you to embrace your challenges with the upcoming new year and to never forget to appreciate your family and friends. Take a minute, slow yourself down, and open your mind by living in the moment and being happy. 















1 comment:

  1. Hey Nési! I really love how you put this seasonal favorites post together. You have such a connection to enjoyable things. If you have time could you please check out my website? Thanks :)
    theamarlinjames.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to share your thoughts on my blog! Please make sure that whatever you want to say is respectful and constructive.
U.