Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Trying to get Cozy


    Ohhhh it's the most wonderful tiiime of the yearrr. Well, if you're a student, "wonderful" should be "stressful" and "time of the year" should be "always". 

    Just as things seem to be getting better, they get a whole lot worse. At a college prep school like mine, good grades and hard classes are the expectation. In other words, we get no rest until we are 100% finished with 250% of what we need to do. With every day so  packed and planned, it's easy to get wrapped up in your own head and lose sight of what's really important. 

   There's a reason I actually like the Christmas season while everyone around me is hating every second of it; the spirit of it makes me happier, I remind myself of everything I have to be thankful for, and that lets me go through my long days with a smile on my face. I think of all the people without homes that have no place to stay warm, of all the children who won't be treated to a special surprise on Christmas morning, the people who have lost family members or who never had family surround them. I have had the privilege of living in a heated home, always supported by my parents and always knowing that I will wake up to thoughtful and loving gifts on Christmas.  There's also just something in the air, maybe it's the change in temperature, the smell of pine tree scented candles or the beautiful light displays around my neighborhood, but it brings out the best in me. Living these moments gives me that little boost I need to keep my head up high throughout my last two weeks in school. And while everyone else is groaning about how much work we have to do, I try to be grateful that I have the opportunities that I do. There are so many things I take for granted every single day, so I have decided to come up with a working list of things to remember to be grateful for until the end of the year. If possible, I will document each day so that I can keep this little project in my life for the duration of the new year.

Wish me Luck!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I've been missing new posts, any new stuff?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to share your thoughts on my blog! Please make sure that whatever you want to say is respectful and constructive.
U.